Sunday, May 1, 2016

Just an Ordinary Day

Thursday, April 30th, 2015 started out as just an ordinary day.  My morning started pleading with God to get me back to my boys.  I then headed off to work for a busy day full of meetings and preparation for a business trip the following week.  Wally had the day off - I am sure I had a honey-do-list a mile long for him to work on as we prepared to bring the boys home.  Nothing special.  That was until…Wally starts blowing me up - crazy boy style!  He was calling my desk line, my cell and texting me to call him right away.  I desperately wanted to call him back as I assumed it was about the boys - not to say he wouldn't try and reach me that frantically just to profess his love for me.  Unfortunately, I was on a conference call and couldn’t.  At first he didn’t want to tell me via text, but I begged and pleaded as I could no longer stand the suspense.  He finally sent me a text: “Yes, we have travel dates, we leave next week!”

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!   Finally, I am going to go get my babies!  Thank you Jesus!  Wait, What?  Did you just say leave in 1 week?

As soon as my call was over, I quickly called Wally.  We laughed with joy and excitement and I of course cried.  He shared with me all of the details the agency provided and let me know that they would be providing more information soon.

For those of you following along, you know we were so desperately missing our boys that we had resorted to calling our agency every Thursday just to check-in and see if they had heard anything.  Bless their hearts – I don’t know how they didn’t grow tired of our calls.  Every call they patiently listened to our repetitive questions, encouraged us and ensured us we would know something as soon as they did.  We knew that would be the case, but there was something comforting about that weekly check-in. 

This Thursday’s call was much different than the rest.  Wally’s call to the agency caught them a bit off-guard as they had just received our travel information.  They hadn’t yet had the opportunity to review it, so they weren’t ready to share it with us.  However, they didn’t want to make us wait any longer and gave Wally as much info as they could!  It was enough for me!  All I needed to know was that in just over a week my boys would be in my arms and we would never have to be a part again!

Divide and conquer was our strategy moving forward.  We knew that in 1 week we both had to prepare for our leaves at work, finalize details with dog/house sitter, book our travel, finish preparing the house for the boys, and pack for a 2 month trip…not just for us, but for the boys too!

Looks like we just got our tickets to the crazy train, and we couldn’t be more thrilled!  All Aboard!

Proverbs 16:9  The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord established his steps.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment